Machine Operator / Supervisor
The Production Machine Operator/Supervisor assigns work, implements Safety, Quality and Efficiency related policies and procedures by means of on-the-job training. The supervisor recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Some other important activities include:
· The Production Machine Operator/Supervisor works alongside (with) staff on the floor and has an active role in coordinating and leading the day-to-day manufacturing activities of the plant assigned to for the shift
· Operate the SCADA system and machinery safely and efficiently
· Ensure proper calibration of equipment at specified intervals
· Identify and suggest improvements to our processes to increase efficiency
· Aim to establishing efficient work-flow during your shift
· Maintain compliance with safety, quality and environmental standards and procedures by following procedures yourself as well as educating and directing personnel
· Report any hazards and near-misses and act as a role model
· Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between production and warehouse department
· We operate 2 shifts: 4am – 2pm and 2pm to midnight
· Experience as a Production Machine Operator/Supervisor
· Physically fit as there are manual handling tasks of 25kg bags
· Stamina and ability for manual labouring and repetitive work
· Demonstrated ability in production procedures and best practice
· Current Forklift licence
· Able to work both independently and within a team
· Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
· Strong troubleshooting and decision making skills
· Good computer literacy
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Be self-motivated and reliable with a positive attitude
· Understand and uphold safety systems and processes
· Frontline Leadership skills and ability to supervise staff and manage conflict
· Own transport is essential
Frosty Boy will require all successful candidates to undertake a criminal history check and pre-employment medical testing.
Why work for Frosty Boy:
· Soft serve ice cream available some days.
· Everyone knows each other
· Set shift times
Please apply now and attach your Resume and Cover Letter
Frosty Boy would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance.