Fast growth and exporting to over 70 countries across the 5 continents, Frosty Boy Australia has built strong reputation in the market over the past 45 years. Our powder blend manufacturing facility, located in Yatala, supplies food and beverage powder bases to some of the biggest brands domestically and internationally. With a strong focus on innovation and outstanding customer service, Frosty Boy is looking for a Supervisor/Machine Operator to join our team.
About the Role:
The Production Machine Operator/Supervisor is a hands on role, assigns work, implements Safety, Quality and Efficiency related policies and procedures by means of on-the-job training. The supervisor recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
· The Plant Machine Operator/Supervisor works alongside (with) staff on the floor and has an active role in coordinating and leading the day-to-day manufacturing activities of the plant assigned to for the shift
· Operate the SCADA system and machinery safely and efficiently
· Ensure proper calibration of equipment at specified intervals
· Identify and suggest improvements to our processes to increase efficiency
· Aim to establishing efficient work-flow during your shift
· Maintain compliance with safety, quality and environmental standards and procedures by following procedures yourself as well as educating and directing personnel
· Report any hazards and near-misses and act as a role model
· Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between production and warehouse department
· Experience as a Food Production Machine Operator/Supervisor
· Physically fit as there are manual handling tasks of 25kg bags
· Stamina and ability for manual labouring and repetitive work
· Demonstrated ability in production procedures and best practice
· Current Forklift licence
· Able to work both independently and within a team
· Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
· Strong troubleshooting and decision making skills
· Good computer literacy
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Be self-motivated and reliable with a positive attitude
· Understand and uphold safety systems and processes
· Frontline Leadership skills and ability to supervise staff and manage conflict
· Own transport is essential
· Monday to Friday roster
· Overtime available
· Monthly Lunch & Staff Awards
· Soft Serve Ice Cream available some days
· Great team to work with
Frosty Boy will require all successful candidates to undertake a criminal history check and pre-employment medical testing.
Please apply now and attach your Resume and Cover Letter
Frosty Boy would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance and wish to advise short listed candidates only will be contacted.